Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What have you been THINKING?

This week has been all about thinking. Thinking about theorist like Freud, Piaget, Ellis, and many many more. I have dedicated this entire week to thinking, memorizing, and begging God for clarity.

Have you ever wanted something really bad - so bad that you thought of a million ways to make it happen but none of them really lined up with what God would want you to do. Nothing about studying, memorizing, or test taking seems like it is from God. BUT, I have learned differently. In my quest to learn the 100's of theorist, assessment tools, diagnose, research data and more I FOUND God within the pages. Not in particular theories, as most of them are void of any admittance that God plays any part in who we are (of course we know they were wrong on that point), but rather in the purpose of the heart.

I have told my kids and many others the statement that "God is more concerned about your character, the final outcome than He is about..." (ie. a test, a boyfriend, a new outfit for a special event). Don't get me wrong, God does care about every, and I mean every little itty bitty, tiny aspect of our lives (note to son-in-laws), it matters, checks do just come in the mail, or people bless us unexpectedly. ALL to meet His divine will for our lives. But, God cares the most about who we are in HIM.

This has never been more evident for me than is preparing, taking, not passing, retaking, and retaking my boards for counseling lisencure. God has called me to a new transparency, a new desperation for the things of Him. He cares about my goals, my dreams, but mostly He cares that HE and I have a relationship that is God based, God dependent, and God driven.

Do you have that? Is everything you do, say, want, and need based on a relationship with this Mighty God? If not - you need some re-thinking in your walk with HIM. This life is so NOT about us, but rather all about Him. Do your actions, thoughts, feelings, needs, wants, hurts, pain, money, lack of money, children, work, romance, etc... etc... etc... bring HIM glory? Is HE the driving force behind who you are.

If not, like me... He will take you back to the basics. He is so patient and willing for us, His children, to learn the most valuable lesson of all. To love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and MIND.

No comments: