Monday, May 11, 2009

Where Do You See God?

This morning I was getting dressed for Sunday church when once again my eyes fell on a scripture verse that Carrie, my daughter, has placed in the bathroom that we guest share with Laura Kate. It is one of my favorite verses out of Psalm 139 and Carrie has taken it to a new level. She has taken a little note card and written on it "Laura Kate is fearfully and wonderfully made. God's works are wonderful(Ps. 139). It is held by a little flower and sits in the bathroom for those who enter to see.

This Mother's Day I find myself thinking soberly. As I watch my daughter on her first Mother's Day I am so thankful for a daughter who is 100% sold out to Jesus. I watch as she loves her baby and can't help but wonder what exploits Laura Kate will do for Jesus because of the little, and big, things that her mother does to teach her about the power of having a personal relationship with Jesus.

No greater gift can a mother have on Mother's Day than to see her children loving and serving The Lord, The Giver of Life. Not just serving, but putting into action what my heart for my children has been since I became a Mother. Where Do You See God? I see Him in my kids - all three (6) of them. Every Sunday when they call and check in to see how Church at TPCC went, or to tell their dad how their church of service went. I see God in the faith they walk, the words they share with the world, and the incredible blessing of hearing them voice their prayers to God. No greater gift could a mother receive.

Thank you Jesus that some how they got it, they really got it - they got YOU! Thank you Carrie & Kyle, Cassie & Curtis, and Joel & Ashley for letting me be your Mom. I am so blessed to have you all in my lives and I am so proud that I see Jesus in and through you. Keep pressing on - He has so much more in store for you all.

And Carrie, takes for Laura Kate. Besides the 3 (6) of you, she is the brightest thing in my life. I can't wait for more - really everybody. I have no doubt that all six of you will blow my mind with the ways you teach your babies about our Jesus.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thanks mom, for your sweet words. Everything I know I learned from you! I love you the mostest!