Monday, November 9, 2009

The Goodness of the Lord

It has been a long week; a very long week. So, I decided to soak in a hot tub, get my pj's on, and unwind with a little tv before putting the period on the end of the weeeeek. So I did just that, or almost. The Lord stopped me somewhere right after getting in to the pj's and bed and turning the tv on. He said, "pick up my word, I have something to say to you". So I did. Oh was it sweet.

But before I share what he said, let me share a few other thoughts. I mentioned it had been a long week. Well, as I was reflecting on that these thoughts came to mind.
1.) I accomplished so much in the week.
2.) God healed my computer - a few times, got me out of some major jams.
3.) I wrote 3 500 word papers and 6 250 word repsponses.
4.) I completed a Power Point Presentation for a major project
5.) Played with my grandbaby and got to give her a bath (our special thing) for 5 straight nights.
6.) Loved on 2 of my 6 kids
7.) Talked to all my kids, every sibling I have, and my parents and in-laws.
8.) Worked a 50 hour week.
9.) Had therapy sessions with 32 small individuals and 2 larger ones.
10.)Wrote and Annotated Bibliography and Outline and submitted them on time.
11.)Contributed to family income in xtra ways.
12.)Helped my husband with multiple tasks that we had been wanting to accomplish.
13.)Shared in the arrival of my second great niece via internet, texting,and phone.
14.)Helped my sister arrange furniture in her new house,kinda.
15.)Fly to Denver by way of Dallas and Tulsa.
16.)Visited with a Air Force Captain for 3 hours on a flt. was young enough to be my son.
17.)Read 3 chpts. in 1 month to live by Kerry and Chris Shook.
18.)Emailed my husband some new dreams and thoughts for our future.
19.)Shared some dreams with my kids.
20.)Prayed and listened to God speak.
21.)Attended the first of three Residencies for my Ph.D. and understood most of it (so far).
22.)Realized I will never be the Faculty Chair for Human Services at Capella University.
23.)Realized I got started way to late at an area of my life that I have only dreamed about in the distant; but that it was so worth it to be able to raise kids who all three have turned out to be AMAZING!!!
24.)Had somethingoscopy of almost every part of my human body.
25.)CT of my kidneys
and on and on the verrrry long week went.

And then, the Lord said, "pick up my word, I have something to say to you".

Ready?

Hear it is.

"Oh how I love your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
Your commandment makes me wiser
than my enemies,
for it is ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my
teachers,
for your testimonies are my
meditations.
I understand more than the aged,
for I keep your precepts.
I hold back my feet from every evil way,
in order to keep your word.
I do not turn aside from your rules,
for you have taught me.
How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through your precepts I get
understanding;
for therefore I hate every false way.
Your word is a lamp to my feet,
and a light to my path.
I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
to keep your righteous rules.
I am severly afflicted;
give me life, O Lord, according to
your word!
Accept my freewill offerings of praise
Oh Lord,
and teach me your rules.
I hold my life in my hand continually,
but I do not forget your law.
The wicked have laid a snare for me,
but I do not stray from your precepts.
Your testimonies are my heritagae forever,
for they are the joy of my heart.
I incline my heart to perform your
statutes
forever, to the end.
Ps. 119: 97-112

Now, that is the feeling of accomplishment. Not the enormous amount of stuff that I accomplished, but to know that the very eye and hand of my God has been on my every thought, need, want, and desire. That is accomplishment and brings the greatest satisfaction.

Oh how I love Jesus, oh how I love Jesus, oh how I love Jesus, because...

No comments: