Friday, January 16, 2009

Putting Him off...

It's in those times when you have a 1000 things to do that sometimes a person needs to just ... put it off.

  • Like when you have 2 weeks of laundry and you hate even the thought of doing it. One should just lay on the coach and ponder.

  • When school is screaming at you and you just can't get motivated - one should go to Wal-mart and shop.

  • When your garage is full of leaves and you know you need to rake it out - watch your favorite tv show.

Sometimes, now I know I am the only one who ever does this, but sometimes we as humans "procrastinate"; what really is convicting is when we do that with the Lord. We need to pray, we need to be in the word, we need to be seeking Him...but we put it off for another day. Aren't we so glad He doesn't do that to us. That He is ALWAYS available - 24/7 - 352 days. He never leaves, never fails, never even procrastinates a little; He is always on time.


Jer.24:7 (NASB) says, "I will give them a heart to know Me for I am the Lord; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with their whole heart".


How's that New Year's resolution going - you know, the one to walk closer to the Lord, stay in the Word, share His life giving power with others?


Somethings it's ok to put off... but putting off the God of Heaven? ... not thinking that is one of those "I'll get to it tomorrow".


Dig in, dig in deep to what the Lord has for you; He is waiting to talk just to you...and me.


No comments: