Thursday, January 22, 2009

and then there was hallelujah!!!

Today a husband and wife decided God was not big enough and decided to divorce - they have two small children.

Today a mom decided to let her ex-husband have custody of her 7 year old son - while he sat weeping in my office to stay with her.

Today a 10 year old little girl turned her mother and grandmother in for physical abuse to CPS - falsely, her mom irons her pants ever morning and warms them on a small heater so they are not cold when she slips into them each morning.

Today a little girl is scared because her daddy was in a wreck with her and she is scared to be near him now- it wasn't his fault.

Today a 6,8, & 9 year old told me that they can't stop cussing - that is how they talk at their house.


Today a woman told me she couldn't take her child to church because the only ride she has always goes out for breakfast afterwards - she has no money.

Today a mother asked me what to do about the devil, satan - her 11 year old sees him in her room.

Today my day started off with the most precious words texted to me by my daughter...

Mom,
LK (that would be Laura Kate, my first and only 8 month old grand daughter), said "hallelujah". She really did. Laura Kate already loves Jesus.

Those words have more than sustained me through a very hard day.

Praise you Mighty God for Jesus. Thank you for so invading my childs life that her greatest desire is that her child will love You ... and then there was hallelujah.

HALLELUJAH.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

great post mom! Thanks for your sweet words about me and our girl! Love you so much.