Monday, March 2, 2009

Are you FIXED on Jesus????


Over this past week I have encountered countless individuals who are not just burdened about the circumstances occurring in our country, but are struggling with allowing the Lord to be their "enough". As I have prayed for these people during the week and over the week-end, the Lord brought back to my heart the time in my own life when he asked me the question, "If you loose everything, even your children, will you still love me and still serve me"? WOW - that was a big one!!! My greatest fear at that time was a common fear of young mothers, that they would loose a child; and here the Lord was asking this question of me. I have to confess that I did have a struggle on my hands - I wrestled with Him about the question. As our sweet Lord always does, He waited patiently as I "grew" to the place He was trying to take me. He wasn't trying to tell me that one of my kids was going to die, He was not telling me that something awful was going to happen. What He WAS asking was "Robin, are you FIXED on ME"?!!!



These are hard days and the phone conversations that I am having with many, yes many wives, is that their husbands are burdened, some almost paralyzed by the fear (and yes it is fear whether they want to use that word or not) because of what they are hearing, reading on the internet, and listening to in the news. Ladies, rise to the occasion. Jesus wants you to be FIXED on Him even when your man is not, you need to be (hint - many a man thinks that he is fixed on the Lord and truly trusting in Him; if that was really true they could not be consumed with worry. Remember, worry is sin). I have a few suggestions for you on how to help your husband, your children, and maybe it will even help you. The Lord will work in and through your man...and yes, he may use you to do it.



1.) Are YOU on your face before the Lord...or on the phone? Don't waste your words - turn them into prayers for those you love. We all make excuses about not having enough time to spend with the Lord in prayer- but we all spend excessive time on the phone. Let's turn our "talk time" into "prayer time" for our men and kids.



2.) Let's try to lift the load they are carrying - what are the little things you can do that will make a difference in his day? My man, (he is so precious) has a tendency to leave his shoes in the den, wherever he takes them off. I am continually tripping over them (size 12) and it makes me so mad. I remember a very wise pastor's wife told me "unless you have walked in his shoes that day be very careful what comes out of your mouth. Instead, slip your feet into his shoes and as you walk those shoes back to his closet, pray for him. Pray all the way". Girls, sometimes I have four pairs to prayer walk with!!! What an opportunity - and it does make a difference in him!!!



3.) Try NOT asking for things that seem beyond his scope of possibility right now. Remember, many people truly are living in fear of loosing their jobs, not having enough income to support their families; all the you may be wanting new jeans, or shoes, or highlights in your hair it just does not seem really - " urgent" to those who are worrying about the future. Give God time to work on their "worry mentality".



Reality is that our God is in control...of everything. He is in such control that whatever is going to happen is going to happen no matter how hard your man worries or not. What God is looking for are a few good men and woman who will be so fixed on Him that no matter what circumstances come, however bad they may be, that Jesus is the focus of their gaze.



Psalm 116: 1-2 says, I love the Lord because He has heard my pleas for mercy. Because He inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call on Him as long as I live".

Ladies, or gents, "Make the call" and set your thoughts on Him. Be fixed on the only thing that will bring security in this world.

Jeremiah 17:7
Psalm 22:4
2Chron.14:11
Job 8:15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is good stuff, babe, and it's a critical reminder not just to glance at Jesus, but to fix!

I'm proud of the amazing work you are doing. Not surprised, of course (Wonderwoman!), but greatly proud and blessed.